Wednesday, January 24, 2018

A Down Day in the Market

Finally, a down day in the market.  Actually, not even down that much, some bigger weakness in the NASDAQ and the Vix climbed quite a bit, although it tailed off later in the day.

I'm not posting my results, but it's easy to calculate, and I will post them in a day or two, but I am sure I am down a bit just because of the VXX.  It doesn't matter since I want this to be something I hold for a long time.  I would do all year, but I am not sure what's going to happen it things go really well.  I'll update that thought later.

For now, let's talk about volatility.  The greater than volatility, the more these leveraged ETFs lose money.  Yes, as Bear ETFs mostly, I stand to make more money if the market goes straight up.  But since that isn't likely to happen, an increase in volatility (with an overall trend up) is going to help me beat the overall market.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment